What you missed on shotofcafecubano: Recipe for Cuban-style pork chops in red sauce with congris and yucca con mojo. Easy, delicious and Authentically Cuban!!
Carne en salsa roja– meat in a tomato-based sauce, is a favorite among my Cuban family. This recipe for pork chops is flavorful and easy. You could prep in the pressure cooker rather than the stove top and cook for 10 minutes, ensuring a tender, juicy chop.
- Vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops, do not trim fat
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 green pepper, diced small
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced small
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 tsp white vinegar
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in pot or large high sided skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear chops on both sides, do not cook all the way through!
- Remove chops once seared and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil if needed and sautee sofrito 2-3 minutes.
View original post 48 more words