A great skillet dinner that does not require a pressure cooker!!! Picadillo is quick and easy and a favorite in my house at the moment. Okra goes great with this dish, and can be prepared separately, steamed or boiled with a splash of vinegar, or added with the meat while it is cooked.
“Picadillo con quimbombo”
- Frying Pan
- Wooden spoon
- Sharp Knife
- Ground pork or chicken
- Tomato Puree
- Vino Seco
- Over medium-high to high heat add a little oil and the sofrito.
- Cook for appx 1 minute and then add meat and salt and squirt juice of 1 lime.
- Cook for a few minutes until meat starts to brown and then add appx ¼ cup (or more as needed) of tomato puree.
- Add ½ to 1 cup water and let cook on high for about 5 minutes or until liquid cooks out.
- Add about 2 tsp vino seco (if desired) right after you remove from heat and before plating.
Sides/Accompaniments: -Serve with okra over white rice with sliced avocado or tomato.